Meet Dr. Neumann
When you’ve been in private surgical practice for almost 35 years, you have a large group of former and current patients. I view each of them as extended family. Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery can have such an impact on a person’s outward appearance, but even more so on their inner confidence. That’s why I opened my practice in 1981, and that’s why I’m still here all these years later. Here’s my background. If you have any questions about any of it, please talk with me directly.
I graduated with my Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Wisconsin in 1971, and then went to State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo to become a Doctor of Medicine, graduating in 1975. My residencies from 1975-79 were in general surgery at SUNY Buffalo Hospital, oncologic surgery at Roswell Park Memorial, and plastic surgery at Nassau Country Medical Center.
I am a board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, which entails rigorous examination of my knowledge, skills, and competence. I am a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS). This is an evaluation of my professional competence and ethical fitness.
My Hospital Affiliations
- Senior Attending Surgeon, 1981-present, North Shore University Hospital
- Attending Surgeon, 2005-present, Pro Health New York
- Senior Attending Surgeon, 1981-2011, St. Francis Hospital
- Chief of Plastic Surgery, 1990-2002, Franklin Hospital Medical Center
Publications and Presentations
I’ve always viewed teaching and sharing my areas of expertise to be an important part of my career and my life. I’ve published papers on breast reconstruction techniques, written a chapter in a book on plastic surgery in 2002, and written other, more technical papers.
I’ve also been lucky enough to present to all kinds of peer gatherings such as the Nassau Surgical Society. Topics have been wide ranging, everything from “Haiti — A Plastic Surgeon’s Experience following the Earthquake” to “New Trends in Plastic Surgery” to “Endoscopic Breast Augmentation.”
- Clinical Instructor in Surgery, North Shore University Hospital
- Clinical Instructor/Lecturer, Hofstra University Physician Assistant Program
- Clinical Instructor in Surgery, Cornell Medical Center
- FDNY, Sub-Chapter 2 Medical Board, 2011-present
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Cancer Society, Long Island Chapter — Board of Directors
- National Association of Interns and Residents
- American Medical Association
- Nassau County Medical Society
- Nassau Academy of Medicine
- New York Regional Plastic Surgical Society
- Nassau Surgical Society — President Emeritus
- American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons
- Medical Reserve Corps of Nassau County